Food Pantry Distribution
Date: Second Fridays
Time: 1 pm – 2:30 pm (Food Distribution)
Location: Check-in SMCC Gym
Sandy Mush Community Center, 19 School Road Leicester, NC, 28748.
Please share with neighbors and friends about our new community-based Food Pantry.
For any questions or if you would like to volunteer, please e-mail email@example.com.
Sandy Mush Volunteers get a tour of MANNA’s warehouse in Feb 2017.
Started in March 2017 and partnering with MANNA and Feeding America, the SMCC Food Pantry is open each 2nd Friday of the month from 1:00-2:30. Anyone in need of food is welcome to join us at the SMCC downstairs cafeteria. Items in the Food Pantry will vary from month to month, but will generally be stocked with: meat, produce (in-season), milk, eggs, bread, canned vegetables, assorted beverages, and personal care items.
Inclement Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather on the day of the pantry, we will reschedule the pantry only if Leicester Elementary School closes for the day (not if there is a delay). If the pantry is canceled, it will be held the following Friday from 1 – 2:30.
Donations to Food Pantry
Please consider donating non-perishable items to the Sandy Mush Community Center Food Pantry. The SMCC Food Pantry also appreciates monetary donations, which will be used for the operation of the food pantry.
Thanks for supporting our SMCC Food Pantry!
- Blue Ridge Blooms, 9 Shook Cove Rd., Leicester, NC: http://www.blueridgeblooms.com
- Full Sun Farm, 90 Bald Creek Rd., Leicester, NC: www.fullsunfarm.com
- Jesse Flores Tomato Farm, Sandy Mush Creek Rd., Leicester, NC
- Sycamore Valley Farm, 2555 Leicester Hwy, Leicester, NC
- MANNA Foodbank, 627 Swannanoa River Rd., Asheville, NC: www.mannafoodbank.org
- Leicester Welcome Table, 2979 New Leicester Hwy, Leicester, NC
- Cormark International, 181 Reems Creek Rd. #7, Weaverville, NC
- Irishguy Design Studio, Leicester NC: www.irishguy.us
- Thermo Fisher Scientific: Donation of commercial refrigerator & freezer
- Payne’s Chapel, Sandy Mush Creek Rd., Leicester, NC
- Sam’s Club, Patton Ave., Asheville, NC
- United State Postal Service, Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org