The Board and volunteers at SMCC are committed to problem-solving strategies that emphasize openness, transparency and accountability. As Board members and volunteers, we are committed to swift, direct and honest approaches to resolving conflict, with one overriding objective: work it out and move on.
As a Board member or volunteer:
- I will see that SMCC is operated in a manner that upholds the Center’s
integrity and merits the trust and support of the community.
- I will comply with all applicable laws and regulations that pertain to SMCC’s
ability to accomplish its mission.
- I will treat others with respect, doing for and to others as I would have done for
and to me in similar circumstances.
- I will be a responsible and transparent steward of SMCC’s resources.
- I will take no actions that could benefit me financially at the expense of SMCC,
avoiding even the appearance of conflict of interest.
- I will carefully consider the public perception of my personal actions, and the
effect my actions could have, positively or negatively, on SMCC’s reputation in
my community and elsewhere.
- I will commit to resolve conflicts that may arise in my work as a Board member
or volunteer, remaining flexible to a variety of viewpoints and solutions.
- When conflict arises, I will commit to a problem-solving approach as outlined
in our Conflict Resolution process. I will use respectful language while
participating in developing solutions and a way forward.
- When conflict arises, I will communicate directly with those involved, rather
than using email groups and social media.