Our community is fortunate to have our historic Sandy Mush Schoolhouse and grounds available for our Sandy Mush Community Center. The Sandy Mush Community Center provides programs, events, and available space for rentals to our community.
The Sandy Mush Community Center is a charitable 501(c)(3) organized for the benefit of the Sandy Mush community with a focus on, but not limited to, these purposes:
- Strengthen the sense of community and awareness of community history and its agricultural heritage
- Increase educational and health and wellness opportunities
- Increase preservation efforts, including the historic Sandy Mush School and grounds
- Strengthen and support community organizations
Board of Directors
2022 Sandy Mush Community Center Board of Directors:
- Amy McMahan Surrett – President
- Amy Sue Moore– Vice President
- Bruce Larson – Treasurer – Secretary
- Steve Duckett
- Cheryl Frisbee
- Diana Gates
- Lorrie Jayne
- Ilsa Myers
- Frank Ramirez
- Lisa Beth Ackerman
Monthly community meetings are held on the third Tuesday at 6 p.m., usually in the gym. All community members are welcome.
Board of Directors Meeting Agendas and Written Reports
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 2021 no meeting due to flooding
January 2021 no meeting due to the pandemic.