Food Pantry Distribution
TEMPORARY DISTRIBUTION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 9:30 – 11 a.m.
** Please do not arrive early**
To protect all recipients and volunteers from exposure to COVID-19, we have instituted new rules for everyone’s safety. The volunteers will be pre-making all the boxes, bags of produce and meat.
1. Once you arrive, a volunteer will direct you to where you need to line up.
2. Make sure you have room for your box and bags in your trunk or back of your truck. We will not be placing items inside of people’s cars.
3. Have your trunk open and ready to receive the pantry items.
4. Do NOT get out of your car.
5. When you reach the front of the line, a volunteer will ask for your household size and another will place items in your trunk or the back of your truck.
6. Once you have received your items, you will need to leave the SMCC property. There will be no gathering on the SMCC grounds or parking lot.
For any questions or if you would like to volunteer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sandy Mush Volunteers get a tour of MANNA’s warehouse in Feb 2017.
Started in March 2017 and partnering with MANNA and Feeding America, the SMCC Food Pantry is open each 2nd Friday of the month from 1:00-2:30. Anyone in need of food is welcome to join us at the SMCC downstairs cafeteria. Items in the Food Pantry will vary from month to month, but will generally be stocked with: meat, produce (in-season), milk, eggs, bread, canned vegetables, assorted beverages, and personal care items.
Inclement Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather on the day of the pantry, we will reschedule the pantry only if Leicester Elementary School closes for the day (not if there is a delay). If the pantry is canceled, it will be held the following Friday from 1 – 2:30.
Donations to Food Pantry
Please consider donating non-perishable items to the Sandy Mush Community Center Food Pantry. The SMCC Food Pantry also appreciates monetary donations, which will be used for the operation of the food pantry.
Thanks for supporting our SMCC Food Pantry!
- Blue Ridge Blooms, 9 Shook Cove Rd., Leicester, NC: http://www.blueridgeblooms.com
- Full Sun Farm, 90 Bald Creek Rd., Leicester, NC: www.fullsunfarm.com
- Jesse Flores Tomato Farm, Sandy Mush Creek Rd., Leicester, NC
- Sycamore Valley Farm, 2555 Leicester Hwy, Leicester, NC
- MANNA Foodbank, 627 Swannanoa River Rd., Asheville, NC: www.mannafoodbank.org
- Leicester Welcome Table, 2979 New Leicester Hwy, Leicester, NC
- Cormark International, 181 Reems Creek Rd. #7, Weaverville, NC
- Irishguy Design Studio, Leicester NC: www.irishguy.us
- Thermo Fisher Scientific: Donation of commercial refrigerator & freezer
- Payne’s Chapel, Sandy Mush Creek Rd., Leicester, NC
- Sam’s Club, Patton Ave., Asheville, NC
- United State Postal Service, Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
For any questions, contact email@example.com